The DeadJournalist August 2014 Mixtape is 50 tracks and more than three hours long. It features acts ranging from Justin Townes Earle to The Knocks, a few remixes and a Big Star cover. The tracklisting is below. Enjoy.
The last month has had so many great new releases, I’ve decided to post two mixtapes for July 2014. This mixtape features 40 songs, including new tracks by Saint Pepsi, Generationals, Slow Magic, alt-J, Zola Jesus, Sharon Van Etten and TOPS.
When I started putting together this month’s mixtape, I would have never guessed that The Verve Pipe and The Rentals would both be sharing space with acts like Bleached, Gold-Bears, RY X, Bear In Heaven or Anamanaguchi. That’s part of the joy of curated playlists that aren’t generated by algorithms.
The last five years have been quite a ride for the band Surfer Blood. In this exclusive interview with frontman John Paul Pitts, learn about their experience recording with Gil Norton, life after signing to a major, life after that, their creative process and when to expect new music from the band.
July 2014 Mixtape, Part 2
July 2014 Mixtape
DeadJournalist on Twitter
June 2014 Mixtape
DeadJournalist on …
- The Best Month of My Life (Maybe)
- Album Review: Sondre Lerche ‘Please’
- DeadJournalist August 2014 Mixtape
- DeadJournalist July 2014 Mixtape, Part 2
- The Linklater Impact
- DeadJournalist July 2014 Mixtape
- The Last Pound: An Ongoing Struggle
- Exclusive Interview: Surfer Blood
- DeadJournalist June 2014 Mixtape
- Exclusive Interview: Owls of the Swamp
- Album Review: Jesse Thomas – Burn The Boats
- Exclusive Interview: Amanda Shires
- WRAS Eliminates Music from 5AM to 7PM
- DeadJournalist May 2014 Mixtape
- Remembering April 8, 1994
- DeadJournalist April 2014 Mixtape
- Exclusive Interview: Suzy Bogguss
- Talker-Dad? Guilty As Charged
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher