Jon Wolf, who has provided mixtapes to DeadJournalist since 2008, returns with a 13-song mixtape that he thinks will soundtrack the Summer of 2013.
Five years after labeling the So So Glos the band that was making punk worth listening to again, find out why I still stand behind that statement in this exclusive interview with the band’s lead vocalist, Alex Z. Levine. As he says in this interview, “Punk is about Woody Guthrie.”
While I take a few more weeks to adjust to life with two kids, don’t forget that all music and video posts are now on my Tumblr page: deadjournalist.tumblr.com. There are more than 5,625 posts (and counting).
So, if you are only looking to discover music and videos, make sure to check that [...]
Get a look inside the Detroit trap-pop band, Jamaican Queens, in this exclusive interview with Adam Pressley. Find out the band’s history, their creative process and why they won’t tweet unless they want to tweet.
Prior to the release of Psychic Twin’s most recent 7-inch, I connected with Erin Fein – the woman behind the project – for an exclusive interview. In this interview, she shares her insight on her creative process, the future of Psychic Twin and this year’s SXSW.
Yesterday’s release of the Brad Paisley/LL Cool J country-rap cross-over song – “Accidental Racist” – ignited a fire-storm of criticism on social media. Here is my perspective on the song, in a formal editorial, after I expressed my views last night on Twitter.
On the date of the release of her new EP, get to know Vague-à-bonde, the moniker of Minneapolis-native Nicole Brenny. A self-taught producer and song-writer now residing in Montreal, she’s creating dance-friendly, future-pop while continuing to evolve as an artist.
Recently, I had a chance to catch-up with Craig Minowa – the founder, vocalist and songwriter of Cloud Cult. The resulting interview is one of the best DeadJournalist interviews to-date. His passion and respect for music a testament to the power of the medium.
In this exclusive interview with Jerome Watson, learn more about the up-and-coming London-based band The History of Apple Pie. His interview offers excellent insight into the band that has already accomplished something quite rare … creating common ground for members of Oasis and Blur.
- NEW! All music and music video posts are now exclusively on the DeadJournalist Tumblr site! Follow DeadJournalist on Tumblr
- Happy Father’s Day, Year Three
- Jon Wolf Mixtape: 13 for ’13 – Songs of the Summer
- Exclusive Interview: The So So Glos
- Don’t Forget about Tumblr
- Music, To Me
- Exclusive Interview: Jamaican Queens
- Exclusive Interview: Psychic Twin
- Editorial: “Accidental Racist” – Good Intent, Poor Execution
- Exclusive Interview: Vague-à-bonde
- Exclusive Interview: Cloud Cult
- DeadJournalist’s 7-11 Anniversary
- Exclusive Interview: The History of Apple Pie
- Music! Music Videos! They Are Back! (Because of Tumblr)
- Why So Few DeadJournalist Posts? Let Me Explain
- Exclusive Interview: Hayden
- Retro Album Review: The Pleased – Don’t Make Things
- Exclusive Interview: Ivan & Alyosha
- Exclusive Interview: Wang Chung
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher