Join Brooklyn-based musician (and former raw food blogger) Nicole Brenny as she recants a recent day in her life as she deals with the end of a relationship from a music and food perspective.
On the heels of the release of their new album – and prior to their current North American tour with Chad Valley – I had the chance to catch-up with Sarah P of the Greek band, Keep Shelly In Athens. Find out more about the band and their creative process in this exclusive interview.
I’ve started working on a new slate of artist interviews for the Fall; stay tuned for more details.
Don’t forget, all music and video posts are on the DeadJournalist Tumblr page. I try to update this daily, but at the least, I post all the new music worth hearing each weekend.
There a huge difference in the wood of a red oak and that of a white oak. You may not see it from the outside, but if you’ve ever busted wood, you know their insides couple be more different. There’s a life lesson that can be found in chopping wood. And it has a lot more to do with you than you might think.
Last Summer, the idea of doing a favorite Hawks players list came up while trading some tweets with the guys at Peachtree Hoops. For a year, I’ve been thinking about writing it. Now, I finally have. Here’s my favorite players of the past three decades.
Get to know the Brooklyn-based electronic duo Test House – the project of James Elliot (Ateleia, Bear In Heaven, School of Seven Bells) and Peter Schuette (Silk Flowers, Psychobuildings, Soiled Mattress and the Spring) – in this exclusive interview.
Music and VideosAs of 2013, all music streams/MP3s and music video posts are exclusively on the DeadJournalist Tumblr site: DeadJournalist on Tumblr
- Exclusive Interview: Body Parts
- Guest Editorial: Faith Without Works
- My Bushwick Food Diary: What Is The Glue That Mends A Broken Heart?
- Editorial: What I’m Thankful For ’13
- Editorial: Braves For The Better
- Exclusive Interview: Keep Shelly In Athens
- Editorial: When The Goldenrod Begins To Fade
- New Interviews In Process; Music Via Tumblr
- Editorial: Interpreting Life Through Chopping Wood
- From ‘Nique to Mamadou – My Favorite Atlanta Hawks of the last 30 years
- Exclusive Interview: Test House
- Guest Editorial: Music Education Matters
- Exclusive Interview: Small Black
- Happy Father’s Day, Year Three
- Jon Wolf Mixtape: 13 for ’13 – Songs of the Summer
- Exclusive Interview: The So So Glos
- Don’t Forget about Tumblr
- Music, To Me
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher