Merle Haggard has passed away today, according to his manager. He was 79.
April 7, 2016:
I took the news pretty hard, yesterday. I was a big fan of Merle (I’m going to refer to him this was rather than with his last name, because that feels more genuine) as both a singer […]
To celebrate another year of DeadJournalist, I have compiled a Spotify playlist of songs from 2002-2015 by artists whose music was showcased or influenced the site. Currently, the playlist has 350+ songs with no duplicate artists. With more than 22 hours of music – and growing – I hope you find this playlist to the […]
Here we are again, less than two weeks from a new year, with my annual “Things I Liked” column …
First, a personal hello to the six people who read this. Hi!
This year will go down as the year I just stopped. I stopped watching TV most nights of the week. I stopped listening […]
In two days, it will be Thanksgiving again. After last year’s cancellation, I’m walking on eggshells hoping that nothing happens to cause this year’s feast to be cancelled.
Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday and with age and changes it is more important than ever. Now that I am the host and primary […]
From the brink of stardom, Nikki Milovanovic escaped. In this engaging and in-depth interview, she holds nothing back in detailing her career decisions and how’s she’s re-found her love for music with her current DOLLS project.
I can’t tell you the first time I met Jenni. It was probably 2002 or 2003. […]
Longtime DeadJournalist contributor Jenni Rowell passed away on Saturday, August 15, 2016 after a lengthy battle with cancer. She was 33.
Rowell was diagnosed with cancer in 2013. She was a writer, entrepreneur, foodie and lover of music.
Jason Isbell has a new album out and it is great, as always.
He is a transcendent voice whose gift as a songwriter is a generational talent. People who don’t know Isbell’s work ask me who is like; who he compares to. That’s a difficult question because he’s not really like anyone. The closest […]
DeadJournalist on Twitter
DeadJournalist on …
- Dear Dad
- Merle Haggard Has Passed
- Today, A Decade of DeadJournalist.com
- DeadJournalist Retrospective Playlist 2002-2015
- 10th Anniversary in March
- I Liked A Few Things in 2015?
- What I’m Thankful For ’15
- Exclusive Interview: DOLLS
- Remembering Jenni
- Jenni Rowell Passes at 33
- Happy Jason Isbell Day
- Today Is About Respect
- 1995. 2005. 2015. A lot in common. Also, not so much.
- Happy Birthday, Morrissey
- Happy Rex Manning Day!
- Happy 9th Birthday, You Old Dot-Com, You
- Editorial: Fatherhood As It Transitions
- Death Of A Disco Writer (And A Few Things I Liked in 2014)
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher