Don’t you hate having to listen to your friends, co-workers or complete strangers go on-and-on about their kids? You could care less, couldn’t you? Guess what? If-and-when you have kids, you’ll be that person, too. Trust me. I’m now a Talker-Dad.
In this exclusive interview with Mike Edge and Amber Quintero of the Los Angeles-based, dream-pop duo Boardwalk, find out about their unique, initial collaboration, their precautionary tack with PR and details on the band’s plan for new releases in 2014.
For twelve years, I’ve been hoping that Beck would somehow, someway, re-create the magic of Sea Change – one of my all-time favorite albums. The long-awaited follow-up album, Morning Phase, is on the horizon and I’ve gotten my hands on an advance …
It is 2014, and year that marks milestone anniversaries for several of the best years of the last 20. It also marks the year that several of the greatest baseball players in Braves history are immortalized in the Hall of Fame. My thoughts on these topics and more in this editorial …
Get to know Helen Croome, the Australian artist behind Gossling, as she begins the process of breaking into the North American music scene. With placement on hit US television shows and a pending US album release, she is set for a break-out 2014.
Join Brooklyn-based musician (and former raw food blogger) Nicole Brenny as she recants a recent day in her life as she deals with the end of a relationship from a music and food perspective.
- Talker-Dad? Guilty As Charged
- Exclusive Interview: Boardwalk
- Exclusive Interview: Eternal Summers
- On Beck and Morning Phase
- My Bedstuy Bed Diary: Insomnia
- Editorial: Thoughts on the Baseball HOF; 1994, 2004 and 2014
- Exclusive Interview: Gossling
- A Few Things I Liked In 2013
- Exclusive Interview: Body Parts
- Guest Editorial: Faith Without Works
- My Bushwick Food Diary: What Is The Glue That Mends A Broken Heart?
- Editorial: What I’m Thankful For ’13
- Editorial: Braves For The Better
- Exclusive Interview: Keep Shelly In Athens
- Editorial: When The Goldenrod Begins To Fade
- New Interviews In Process; Music Via Tumblr
- Editorial: Interpreting Life Through Chopping Wood
- From ‘Nique to Mamadou – My Favorite Atlanta Hawks of the last 30 years
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher