The Los Angeles-based duo The Morning Birds recently released their second full-length album, The Quickening. Check out “Heart’s Desire” off the album below.
On the album’s creation, singer Jennifer Thorington recalls: “Sam [band-mate Samuel Markus] and I were sitting outside and he was strumming on the guitar … I was gazing off into the sky – there were thunder heads way off in the distance. I just began to sing ‘day breaks and the shadows run away, day breaks in a moment of silence and the thunderclouds are rollin…’ and Sam immediately started singing a counter melody and that’s how The Quickening was born.”
DeadJournalist on Twitter
DeadJournalist on …
- Letting Go
- Dear Dad
- Merle Haggard Has Passed
- Today, A Decade of DeadJournalist.com
- DeadJournalist Retrospective Playlist 2002-2015
- 10th Anniversary in March
- I Liked A Few Things in 2015?
- What I’m Thankful For ’15
- Exclusive Interview: DOLLS
- Remembering Jenni
- Jenni Rowell Passes at 33
- Happy Jason Isbell Day
- Today Is About Respect
- 1995. 2005. 2015. A lot in common. Also, not so much.
- Happy Birthday, Morrissey
- Happy Rex Manning Day!
- Happy 9th Birthday, You Old Dot-Com, You
- Editorial: Fatherhood As It Transitions
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher