Six years since their last release, Snowden has released “The Beat Comes” from the forthcoming album, No One In Control. Listen to the new song in this post.
Snowden is the project of Austin-based musician Jordan Jeffares. Formed in Atlanta in 2003, the band released their first full-length album, Anti-Anti, in 2006 via Jade Tree.
After a falling-out with the label and moving Chicago and then (after a return to Atlanta) Brooklyn, Jeffares again relocated to Austin. Signed in 2011 to Serpents & Snakes, the label started by Kings of Leon, Jeffares recorded the new album in February 2012 in the Benton Harbor, MI-studio of Bill Skibbe (The Kills, Jacuzzi Boys).
After a parting of way with his long-time bandmates earlier this year, Snowden is essentially the solo project of Jeffares, although new band members have been added and will be performing as the band begins performing a handful of tour dates this month.
The official release date for the album has not yet been established.
Snowden will kick-off a mini-tour on July 24 at the Mercury Lounge in New York and will returned to Atlanta on July 28.
DeadJournalist on Twitter
DeadJournalist on …
- Dear Dad
- Merle Haggard Has Passed
- Today, A Decade of DeadJournalist.com
- DeadJournalist Retrospective Playlist 2002-2015
- 10th Anniversary in March
- I Liked A Few Things in 2015?
- What I’m Thankful For ’15
- Exclusive Interview: DOLLS
- Remembering Jenni
- Jenni Rowell Passes at 33
- Happy Jason Isbell Day
- Today Is About Respect
- 1995. 2005. 2015. A lot in common. Also, not so much.
- Happy Birthday, Morrissey
- Happy Rex Manning Day!
- Happy 9th Birthday, You Old Dot-Com, You
- Editorial: Fatherhood As It Transitions
- Death Of A Disco Writer (And A Few Things I Liked in 2014)
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher