Six years since their last release, Snowden has released “The Beat Comes” from the forthcoming album, No One In Control. Listen to the new song in this post.
Snowden is the project of Austin-based musician Jordan Jeffares. Formed in Atlanta in 2003, the band released their first full-length album, Anti-Anti, in 2006 via Jade Tree.
After a falling-out with the label and moving Chicago and then (after a return to Atlanta) Brooklyn, Jeffares again relocated to Austin. Signed in 2011 to Serpents & Snakes, the label started by Kings of Leon, Jeffares recorded the new album in February 2012 in the Benton Harbor, MI-studio of Bill Skibbe (The Kills, Jacuzzi Boys).
After a parting of way with his long-time bandmates earlier this year, Snowden is essentially the solo project of Jeffares, although new band members have been added and will be performing as the band begins performing a handful of tour dates this month.
The official release date for the album has not yet been established.
Snowden will kick-off a mini-tour on July 24 at the Mercury Lounge in New York and will returned to Atlanta on July 28.
Music and VideosLooking for music streams and music videos?
As of 2013, all music streams/MP3s and music video posts are exclusively on the DeadJournalist Tumblr site:
DeadJournalist on Tumblr
- Exclusive Interview: Body Parts
- Guest Editorial: Faith Without Works
- My Bushwick Food Diary: What Is The Glue That Mends A Broken Heart?
- Editorial: What I’m Thankful For ’13
- Editorial: Braves For The Better
- Exclusive Interview: Keep Shelly In Athens
- Editorial: When The Goldenrod Begins To Fade
- New Interviews In Process; Music Via Tumblr
- Editorial: Interpreting Life Through Chopping Wood
- From ‘Nique to Mamadou – My Favorite Atlanta Hawks of the last 30 years
- Exclusive Interview: Test House
- Guest Editorial: Music Education Matters
- Exclusive Interview: Small Black
- Happy Father’s Day, Year Three
- Jon Wolf Mixtape: 13 for ’13 – Songs of the Summer
- Exclusive Interview: The So So Glos
- Don’t Forget about Tumblr
- Music, To Me
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher