In two days, it will be Thanksgiving again. After last year’s cancellation, I’m walking on eggshells hoping that nothing happens to cause this year’s feast to be cancelled.
Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday and with age and changes it is more important than ever. Now that I am the host and primary […]
From the brink of stardom, Nikki Milovanovic escaped. In this engaging and in-depth interview, she holds nothing back in detailing her career decisions and how’s she’s re-found her love for music with her current DOLLS project.
I can’t tell you the first time I met Jenni. It was probably 2002 or 2003. […]
Longtime DeadJournalist contributor Jenni Rowell passed away on Saturday, August 15, 2016 after a lengthy battle with cancer. She was 33.
Rowell was diagnosed with cancer in 2013. She was a writer, entrepreneur, foodie and lover of music.
Jason Isbell has a new album out and it is great, as always.
He is a transcendent voice whose gift as a songwriter is a generational talent. People who don’t know Isbell’s work ask me who is like; who he compares to. That’s a difficult question because he’s not really like anyone. The closest […]
1995. 2005. 2015. A lot in common. Also, not so much. Time and situations change a lot only to circle-back-around.
Another year has come-and-gone. With 2015 days away, here’s What I Liked In 2014, as well as an admission and an apology. Thanks for reading.
September 2014 Mixtape
August 2014 Mixtape
DeadJournalist on Twitter
DeadJournalist on …
- What I’m Thankful For ’15
- Exclusive Interview: DOLLS
- Remembering Jenni
- Jenni Rowell Passes at 33
- Happy Jason Isbell Day
- Today Is About Respect
- 1995. 2005. 2015. A lot in common. Also, not so much.
- Happy Birthday, Morrissey
- Happy Rex Manning Day!
- Happy 9th Birthday, You Old Dot-Com, You
- Editorial: Fatherhood As It Transitions
- Death Of A Disco Writer (And A Few Things I Liked in 2014)
- What I’m Thankful For In 2014
- Live Review: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. in Atlanta
- Live Review: PUJOL in Atlanta
- DeadJournalist October 2014 Mixtape
- Girls In Uniform Academia Mixtape (Version 5)
- DeadJournalist September 2014 Mixtape
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher
July 2014 Mixtape, Part 2
July 2014 Mixtape
June 2014 Mixtape