Focusing on Atlanta, I admit I was wrong about the benefits of the Beltline project. But, I am not wrong in my believe that the Atlanta Braves should induct Joe Torre into its Hall of Fame in 2013.
With with every dramatic swing of his bat, or trademark bare-handed pick-and-throw from third, we are reminded why we find heroes in baseball stars. As his career comes to an end, here are a few of my thoughts on and memories of Chipper Jones.
Hey look kids, I get all annoyed over a successful execution of online publishing! All because of a single, five-letter word. Oh, and also because marketing isn’t journalist, even when it comes to music.
Relative to others, my past birthdays may have been lame. But as I get older, I realize, that’s not really the point. Birthdays should really be about memories and thank yous.
For a decade, Cake sounded like a spaghetti western got fucked up one night and had a threesome with a blaxploitation film and Jerry Reed. That’s just one of the reasons they remain one of my favorite bands of all-time and yet I still take them for granted … and you do, too.
- NEW! All music and music video posts are now exclusively on the DeadJournalist Tumblr site! Follow DeadJournalist on Tumblr
- Happy Father’s Day, Year Three
- Jon Wolf Mixtape: 13 for ’13 – Songs of the Summer
- Exclusive Interview: The So So Glos
- Don’t Forget about Tumblr
- Music, To Me
- Exclusive Interview: Jamaican Queens
- Exclusive Interview: Psychic Twin
- Editorial: “Accidental Racist” – Good Intent, Poor Execution
- Exclusive Interview: Vague-à-bonde
- Exclusive Interview: Cloud Cult
- DeadJournalist’s 7-11 Anniversary
- Exclusive Interview: The History of Apple Pie
- Music! Music Videos! They Are Back! (Because of Tumblr)
- Why So Few DeadJournalist Posts? Let Me Explain
- Exclusive Interview: Hayden
- Retro Album Review: The Pleased – Don’t Make Things
- Exclusive Interview: Ivan & Alyosha
- Exclusive Interview: Wang Chung
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher