We all have some wonderfully depressing albums – but some of us happen to have a more of them than others. This is the first part of a series where I share with you some of the albums to which I have a deep emotional attachment.
We’re all on a journey. For many of us, that journey included Bobby Cox and the Atlanta Braves. In this exclusive interview with writer Lang Whitaker, we discuss his autobiographical book, “In The Time Of Bobby Cox”.
This week, my Various and Sundry column for Paper Crane Collective takes on the final LCD Soundsystem show and what the future holds for Dum Dum Girls. Oh, and I go on a long tangent about cover songs, too.
- NEW! All music and music video posts are now exclusively on the DeadJournalist Tumblr site! Follow DeadJournalist on Tumblr
- Happy Father’s Day, Year Three
- Jon Wolf Mixtape: 13 for ’13 – Songs of the Summer
- Exclusive Interview: The So So Glos
- Don’t Forget about Tumblr
- Music, To Me
- Exclusive Interview: Jamaican Queens
- Exclusive Interview: Psychic Twin
- Editorial: “Accidental Racist” – Good Intent, Poor Execution
- Exclusive Interview: Vague-à-bonde
- Exclusive Interview: Cloud Cult
- DeadJournalist’s 7-11 Anniversary
- Exclusive Interview: The History of Apple Pie
- Music! Music Videos! They Are Back! (Because of Tumblr)
- Why So Few DeadJournalist Posts? Let Me Explain
- Exclusive Interview: Hayden
- Retro Album Review: The Pleased – Don’t Make Things
- Exclusive Interview: Ivan & Alyosha
- Exclusive Interview: Wang Chung
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher