From the brink of stardom, Nikki Milovanovic escaped. In this engaging and in-depth interview, she holds nothing back in detailing her career decisions and how’s she’s re-found her love for music with her current DOLLS project.
The last five years have been quite a ride for the band Surfer Blood. In this exclusive interview with frontman John Paul Pitts, learn about their experience recording with Gil Norton, life after signing to a major, life after that, their creative process and when to expect new music from the band.
Suzy Bogguss, the singer-songwriter who sold millions of albums in the 1990’s as Country artist, has a new album that features her interpretations of Merle Haggard songs. In this in-depth interview, find out about the new album, her love for music and her dedication to the craft.
In this exclusive interview with Mike Edge and Amber Quintero of the Los Angeles-based, dream-pop duo Boardwalk, find out about their unique, initial collaboration, their precautionary tack with PR and details on the band’s plan for new releases in 2014.
Get to know Helen Croome, the Australian artist behind Gossling, as she begins the process of breaking into the North American music scene. With placement on hit US television shows and a pending US album release, she is set for a break-out 2014.
On the heels of the release of their new album – and prior to their current North American tour with Chad Valley – I had the chance to catch-up with Sarah P of the Greek band, Keep Shelly In Athens. Find out more about the band and their creative process in this exclusive interview.
I’ve started working on a new slate of artist interviews for the Fall; stay tuned for more details.
Don’t forget, all music and video posts are on the DeadJournalist Tumblr page. I try to update this daily, but at the least, I post all the new music worth hearing each weekend.
Get to know the Brooklyn-based electronic duo Test House – the project of James Elliot (Ateleia, Bear In Heaven, School of Seven Bells) and Peter Schuette (Silk Flowers, Psychobuildings, Soiled Mattress and the Spring) – in this exclusive interview.
Five weeks after the release of their latest album – and while in the midst of their current North American tour – I had a chance to catch-up with Josh Kolenik of the Brooklyn-based band Small Black for this exclusive interview.
DeadJournalist on Twitter
DeadJournalist on …
- 10th Anniversary in March
- I Liked A Few Things in 2015?
- What I’m Thankful For ’15
- Exclusive Interview: DOLLS
- Remembering Jenni
- Jenni Rowell Passes at 33
- Happy Jason Isbell Day
- Today Is About Respect
- 1995. 2005. 2015. A lot in common. Also, not so much.
- Happy Birthday, Morrissey
- Happy Rex Manning Day!
- Happy 9th Birthday, You Old Dot-Com, You
- Editorial: Fatherhood As It Transitions
- Death Of A Disco Writer (And A Few Things I Liked in 2014)
- What I’m Thankful For In 2014
- Live Review: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. in Atlanta
- Live Review: PUJOL in Atlanta
- DeadJournalist October 2014 Mixtape
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher