On the heels of the release of their new album – and prior to their current North American tour with Chad Valley – I had the chance to catch-up with Sarah P of the Greek band, Keep Shelly In Athens. Find out more about the band and their creative process in this exclusive interview.
I’ve started working on a new slate of artist interviews for the Fall; stay tuned for more details.
Don’t forget, all music and video posts are on the DeadJournalist Tumblr page. I try to update this daily, but at the least, I post all the new music worth hearing each weekend.
Get to know the Brooklyn-based electronic duo Test House – the project of James Elliot (Ateleia, Bear In Heaven, School of Seven Bells) and Peter Schuette (Silk Flowers, Psychobuildings, Soiled Mattress and the Spring) – in this exclusive interview.
Five weeks after the release of their latest album – and while in the midst of their current North American tour – I had a chance to catch-up with Josh Kolenik of the Brooklyn-based band Small Black for this exclusive interview.
Five years after labeling the So So Glos the band that was making punk worth listening to again, find out why I still stand behind that statement in this exclusive interview with the band’s lead vocalist, Alex Z. Levine. As he says in this interview, “Punk is about Woody Guthrie.”
Get a look inside the Detroit trap-pop band, Jamaican Queens, in this exclusive interview with Adam Pressley. Find out the band’s history, their creative process and why they won’t tweet unless they want to tweet.
Prior to the release of Psychic Twin’s most recent 7-inch, I connected with Erin Fein – the woman behind the project – for an exclusive interview. In this interview, she shares her insight on her creative process, the future of Psychic Twin and this year’s SXSW.
On the date of the release of her new EP, get to know Vague-à-bonde, the moniker of Minneapolis-native Nicole Brenny. A self-taught producer and song-writer now residing in Montreal, she’s creating dance-friendly, future-pop while continuing to evolve as an artist.
Recently, I had a chance to catch-up with Craig Minowa – the founder, vocalist and songwriter of Cloud Cult. The resulting interview is one of the best DeadJournalist interviews to-date. His passion and respect for music a testament to the power of the medium.
In this exclusive interview with Jerome Watson, learn more about the up-and-coming London-based band The History of Apple Pie. His interview offers excellent insight into the band that has already accomplished something quite rare … creating common ground for members of Oasis and Blur.
In advance of the release of their debut album, I had a chance to catch-up with Pete Wilson of Ivan & Alyosha and got his thoughts on the new album and the band’s creative process in this exclusive interview.
Music and VideosAs of 2013, all music streams/MP3s and music video posts are exclusively on the DeadJournalist Tumblr site: DeadJournalist on Tumblr
- Exclusive Interview: Body Parts
- Guest Editorial: Faith Without Works
- My Bushwick Food Diary: What Is The Glue That Mends A Broken Heart?
- Editorial: What I’m Thankful For ’13
- Editorial: Braves For The Better
- Exclusive Interview: Keep Shelly In Athens
- Editorial: When The Goldenrod Begins To Fade
- New Interviews In Process; Music Via Tumblr
- Editorial: Interpreting Life Through Chopping Wood
- From ‘Nique to Mamadou – My Favorite Atlanta Hawks of the last 30 years
- Exclusive Interview: Test House
- Guest Editorial: Music Education Matters
- Exclusive Interview: Small Black
- Happy Father’s Day, Year Three
- Jon Wolf Mixtape: 13 for ’13 – Songs of the Summer
- Exclusive Interview: The So So Glos
- Don’t Forget about Tumblr
- Music, To Me
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher