The last month has had so many great new releases, I’ve decided to post two mixtapes for July 2014. This mixtape features 40 songs, including new tracks by Saint Pepsi, Generationals, Slow Magic, alt-J, Zola Jesus, Sharon Van Etten and TOPS.
When I started putting together this month’s mixtape, I would have never guessed that The Verve Pipe and The Rentals would both be sharing space with acts like Bleached, Gold-Bears, RY X, Bear In Heaven or Anamanaguchi. That’s part of the joy of curated playlists that aren’t generated by algorithms.
Join Brooklyn-based musician (and former raw food blogger) Nicole Brenny as she recants a recent day in her life as she deals with the end of a relationship from a music and food perspective.
Jon Wolf, who has provided mixtapes to DeadJournalist since 2008, returns with a 13-song mixtape that he thinks will soundtrack the Summer of 2013.
The Real Music of the Summer of 2012 series continues with Jon Wolf’s comprehensive look at many of his favorite albums and songs. And yes, there’s a mixtape.
Jon Wolf hits you with absolutely no new music in his latest mixtape … and that’s the point. Listen to classic tracks by Maxïmo Park, Head Automatica, Dinosaur Feathers, The Old 97′s, MXPX, The Promise Ring and more.
July 2014 Mixtape, Part 2
July 2014 Mixtape
DeadJournalist on Twitter
June 2014 Mixtape
DeadJournalist on …
- DeadJournalist July 2014 Mixtape, Part 2
- The Linklater Impact
- DeadJournalist July 2014 Mixtape
- The Last Pound: An Ongoing Struggle
- Exclusive Interview: Surfer Blood
- DeadJournalist June 2014 Mixtape
- Exclusive Interview: Owls of the Swamp
- Album Review: Jesse Thomas – Burn The Boats
- Exclusive Interview: Amanda Shires
- WRAS Eliminates Music from 5AM to 7PM
- DeadJournalist May 2014 Mixtape
- Remembering April 8, 1994
- DeadJournalist April 2014 Mixtape
- Exclusive Interview: Suzy Bogguss
- Talker-Dad? Guilty As Charged
- Exclusive Interview: Boardwalk
- Exclusive Interview: Eternal Summers
- On Beck and Morning Phase
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher