In this Retro Review of The Pleased’s album Don’t Make Things, I take a look back at one of the landmark albums of 2003 – but one that is often overlooked.
Jenni Lynne Rowell reviews Blonds new album, The Bad Ones, which transports her to a time, where she’s ” going steady with a rebel … that loves danger more than he loves me”. But is that a good thing? Find out in this review.
For a decade, Cake sounded like a spaghetti western got fucked up one night and had a threesome with a blaxploitation film and Jerry Reed. That’s just one of the reasons they remain one of my favorite bands of all-time and yet I still take them for granted … and you do, too.
In my review of Bear In Heaven’s new album, I Love You, It’s Cool, I’m stuck by one overriding thought: this could be the album of the year for 2012.
Jordan Stepp of Athens Music Junkie reviews of Montreal’s record release show at the Georgia Theatre in Athens, GA. Did the critically acclaimed band’s new album and sound translate to the live stage? Find out in this review.
- NEW! All music and music video posts are now exclusively on the DeadJournalist Tumblr site! Follow DeadJournalist on Tumblr
- Don’t Forget about Tumblr
- Music, To Me
- Guest Writers Coming In May
- Exclusive Interview: Jamaican Queens
- Exclusive Interview: Psychic Twin
- Editorial: “Accidental Racist” – Good Intent, Poor Execution
- Exclusive Interview: Vague-à-bonde
- Exclusive Interview: Cloud Cult
- DeadJournalist’s 7-11 Anniversary
- Exclusive Interview: The History of Apple Pie
- Music! Music Videos! They Are Back! (Because of Tumblr)
- Why So Few DeadJournalist Posts? Let Me Explain
- Exclusive Interview: Hayden
- Retro Album Review: The Pleased – Don’t Make Things
- Exclusive Interview: Ivan & Alyosha
- Exclusive Interview: Wang Chung
- Exclusive Interview: Cayucas
- Exclusive Interview: Fonda
Archives: August 2006 to Current
- "Keep a clear eye. Don't ever be steered by what others may be writing. Write what you feel, and tell everybody else to go f--- themselves." - Furman Bisher