Sunday, December 21, 2008
Songs for the Holidays
Celebrate the season, and your possibly increasingly slimmer wallet, with a selection of FREE holiday songs from three of World's Fair's artists. Colourmusic take on the Ellington/Coltrane classic, while the Dandy Warhols and Brandon Curtis, the lead singer/bassist/pianist from the Secret Machines redo old holiday favorites. In the case of "Silent Night," the Secret Machines are also offering an option to purchase the song at a price of one's choosing, with 100% of proceeds going to the children's charity, Safe Horizon.
MP3 - The Dandy Warhols - "Little Drummer Boy"
MP3 - The Secret Machines' Brandon Curtis w/Tamaryn - "Silent Night"
MP3 - Colourmusic - "In A Sentimental Mood"
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Videos by Colourmusic and Jihea
Monday, September 08, 2008
Monday's News and Notes (including The Clash new album news)
Tracklisting for the Remix EP:
1. Dead Sound (80KIDZ remix)
2. Aly, Walk With Me (Nic Endo remix)
3. Lust (Trentemoller Remix)
The next EP will be release on September 23, 2008 with following EPs release on October 21, 2008 and November 25, 2008.
Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine will release his solo album, The Fabled City, September 30th, 2008 via Epic Records. A stream of the album is below:
Live at Shea, the live recording of the The Clash at Shea Stadium in New York, will be release on October 6, 2008. The release occurs the same year that Shea Stadium, home of the baseball club, the New York Mets, will cease operation and be dismantled.
The Clash opened The Who on their farewell tour of the US and played two nights at Shea Stadium on October 12 and 13, 1982. The band had recently released the Combat Rock with the singles “Rock The Casbah” and “Should I Stay Or Should I Go” receiving heavy air-play.
The albums's track listing is as follows:
Kosmo Vinyl Introduction
Police On My Back
Guns Of Brixton
The Magnificent Seven
The Magnificent Seven (return)
Rock The Casbah
Train In Vain
English Civil War
Should I Stay Or Should I Go
I Fought The Law
Apollo Sunshine Tour Dates (with Dr. Dog)
Sep 13 Cambridge, MA @ Newbury Comics (in-store performance)
Sep 14 Brooklyn, NY @ Sound Fix (acoustic in-store performance)
Sep 15 Brooklyn, NY @ Monkey Town
Sep 16 Brooklyn, NY @ Monkey Town
Sep 19 Andover, MA @ Andover Town Hall
Sep 26 Los Angeles, CA @ Spaceland
Oct 3 Fairfield, CT @ The Field
Oct 8 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda's
Oct 9 Washington, DC @ DC9
Oct 14 Nashville, TN @ 3rd and Lindsley
Oct 15 Atlanta, GA @ Drunken Unicorn
Oct 17 Dallas, TX @ The Cavern,
Oct 18 Austin, TX @ Mohawk
Oct 19 Norman, OK @ Opolis
Oct 24 Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen
Oct 27 Columbus, OH @ The Basemen
Oct 29 New York, NY @ The Mercury Lounge
Oct 30 Boston, MA @ Middle East
Oct 31 Northampton, MA @ Iron Horse
Brooklyn-based band Bell Hollow recently signed with RCRD LBL, and will be giving away monthly free mp3s of remixes of songs from the band's Foxgloves album. Click for more information.
Low vs. Diamond tour dates (opening for Santogold)
MP3 - Heart Attack
Fri/Sep-19 New York, NY • Fillmore New York @ Irving Plaza
Sat/Sep-20 Boston, MA • Paradise Rock Club
Tue/Sep-23 Philadelphia, PA • TLA
Wed/Sep-24 Toronto, ON • Phoenix Concert Theatre
Thu/Sep-25 Cleveland, OH • House Of Blues
Sat/Sep-27 Detroit, MI • St. Andrews Hall
Sun/Sep-28 Chicago, IL • House Of Blues
Tue/Sep-30 Lawrence, KS • Liberty Hall
Wed/Oct-01 Denver, CO • Gothic Theatre
Sat/Oct-04 Seattle, WA • Showbox SODO
Sun/Oct-05 Portland, OR • Crystal Ballroom
Tue/Oct-07 San Francisco, CA • Fillmore
Fri/Oct-10 San Diego, CA • House Of Blues
Sat/Oct-11 Las Vegas, NV • House Of Blues
Mon/Oct-13 Anaheim, CA • House Of Blues
Tue/Oct-14 Los Angeles, CA • Wiltern
Mike Skinner (The Streets) will be releasing his fourth album, everything is borrowed October 7, 2008 on Vice Records.
To watch the video for "The Escapist" and to download a free track, click here.
Colourmusic will release their full-length album, f, monday, orange, february, venus, lunatic, 1 or 13, tomorrow, September 9, 2008, on Great Society.
MP3 - Put In A Little Gas
Upcoming tour schedule:
Sep 9 - St. Louis, MO @ The Bluebird
Sep 10 - Columbia, MO @ Mojo’s
Sep 11 - Chicago, IL @ Empty Bottle
Sep 12 - Urbana, IL @ Canopy Club
Sep 13 - Tulsa, OK @ Soundpony Lounge
Sep 20 - Stillwater, OK @ Eskimo Joe’s
Nov 8 - Austin, TX @ Waterloo Park (Fun Fun Fun Fest)
Thursday, August 07, 2008
News and Notes
- Partisan Records will be releasing an expanded release of Holy Sons’ Decline of the West on September 23, 2008;
- Brazil's Curumin is set to release JapanPopShow on Quannum Projects on October 7, 2008;
- Portland's The Upsidedown will be touring with The Dandy Warhols;
- British Sea Power are now being recognized by their native England with a nomination for the Nationwide Mercury Prize, which celebrates the top 12 albums released by UK or Irish artists for their third album Do You Like Rock Music;
Oklahoman-band Colourmusic has released the next video for "Yes!" from their upcoming album, f, monday, orange, february, venus, lunatic, 1 or 13, which comes out September 9th.
- Del McCoury's Moneyland album seeks to raise awareness of the economic issues facing Americans. In addition to songs from the Del McCoury Band, the album features songs from Marty Stuart, Merle Haggard, Emmylou Harris, Bruce Hornsby, the Fairfield Four, Chris Knight and others.
- Ray LaMontagne has announced his first North American tour in support of his new album Gossip In The Grain will start September 30 in Indianapolis. The album is due out October 14.
- Singer-songwriter Matthew Perryman Jones will release his new album Swallow the Sea on August 19.
- Apollo Sunshine's new album, Shall Noise Upon, is now available digitally and on vinyl. The band have teamed up
with imeem to offer an exclusive stream of the entire album, here.
- Howlies, are touring in support of their August 12th release, Sea Level;
- Merz (Conrad Lambert) will release a new digital only EP entitled Presume Too Much exclusively via iTunes on August 19;
Thursday, June 12, 2008
- Giraffes? Giraffes! recently started an east coast tour
- Apollo Sunshine release their first single, "666" this week. It is from the forthcoming album Shall Noise Upon out 09/02
- The Dandy Warhols' sixth LP, Earth To The Dandy Warhols, is set for release on 08/19. Here's the new single "The World Come On"
- Colourmusic is touring for their upcoming September 9 full-length debut
- Como Te Llama? the new album from Albert Hammond, Jr. will be released 07/08
- Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue, first released in 1977, is being re-released as a double CD. It was the first solo album by a member of the Beach Boys
August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]